About Spray Tanning
The airbrush tanning product is FDA approved to give you a safe healthy tan.
The active ingredient DHA (Dihydroxyacetone) derived from sugar cane causes a natural reaction on the top layer of your skin to naturally produce a beautiful tan without the damage to the skin. DHA was approved by the FDA in the 1970’s and has been refined since to produce better results (no orange, but brown). FDA approved and recommended by The American Cancer Society as the only safe way to tan, without the dangerous causes of the sun or tanning beds. For more information on this matter www.skincancer.org.
- Shower and shave all areas prior to your appointment. Shave the night before. Shaving the same day might cause some unwanted results.
- Make sure to exfoliate your entire body with a washcloth or loofah. Preferably the day before. Do not use scrubs with oils. Shower the day of your appointment.
- Use pumice stone on feet if needed.
- Do not apply lotions they act as a barrier & prevent the tanning product from making direct contact with your skin. You can wear deodorant.
Wear comfortable, preferably dark colored cotton clothing and a bathing suit or garment of preference to be tanned in; the tan spray solution washes out of most clothing, but tends to stain leather and light nylon material. Actual tanning takes about 5 minutes, and add additional 5 minutes for drying.
- Do not shower for 6 hours or 3 if you did the express formula.
- Do not exercise until after you shower. Perspiring prior to your post shower after tanning alters the chemical reaction of the spray tan applied, changing its color, possibly leaving you streaky.
- DO NOT GET WET! If you do, you will stop the tanning action of the DHA
- Do not apply moisturizer.
Wait at least 6 hours or 3 if you did the express formula after your tanning application to shower.You will see color washing off the first time you shower, this is the cosmetic color added for you to see an instant golden bronze tan. The cosmetic color does not affect the DHA tanning formula
- Avoid scrubs, long hot showers and baths
- Apply moisturizer frequently following your first shower. This will help prolong the life of your airbrush tan.
- Lotions with AHA’s (glycolic acids) are used to increase exfoliation, therefore fading your tan. Avoid them.
- Do not rub your skin the same day of your tanning application.
- Chlorine from pools or jacuzzis can cause your tan to fade faster.